SDNLA is proud to offer a scholarship to South Dakota students majoring in the horticulture industry.
Application deadline: November 1, 2016
Please download and submit application via email to the scholarship chairman,
John Bush (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To encourage study and entering of the work place of Horticulture, Floriculture, Plant Pathology, Landscape Design, Turf Management and other allied subjects that pertain to the Green Industry.
- Available to any sophomore or junior student enrolled at South Dakota State University or any second-year student Southeast Technical Institute who’s declared major is in line with the purpose for which these scholarships were established.
- Scholarship awards will be based on scholastic record, as well as the student’s ability and sincerity in pursuing employment in the Green Industry.
- The SDNLA scholarships are awarded each year, one to an SDSU student and one to an STI student. Both scholarships are in the amount of $1000.00. Students of both institutions may only receive this scholarship one time.
- Read entire form before completing your application to better understand the type of information requested by the selections committee.
- Answer all questions. If a particular item does not apply to you, indicate such by insterting NA. Complete with a word processor or in very legible form.
- Re-read the sections you filled out and check for accuracy, completeness, and neatness.
- Application forms, plus support documents listed must be completed and sent or e-mailed to the Scholarship Chairman as provided in this section by December 11th to be eligible for consideration.
- Besides the following document filled out, a brief 150 – 250 word theme as to why the applicant is interested in his or her particular field of study and their future plans and goals within the Green Industry.