As retail merchants, landscape designers, installers, turf and tree care experts, growers, students and teachers of horticulture, or professionals in any allied field, you will profit from your membership in the South Dakota Nursery and Landscape Association.
- Increasing your business opportunities through networking with others in the Horticulture Industry.
- Keeping you informed with our convention newsletter and Website at www.sdnla.org.
- Sponsoring practical research in South Dakota to solve member problems and to develop vital new information for the horticulture industry.
- Training you and your staff with seminars at our annual Conference and giving you access to the Certified Nursery Professional’s Program administered by SDNLA.
- Acting as your liaison with AmericanHort and other trade associations.
- Offering educational tours of landscape and retail stores in our state.
- Sponsoring yearly trade shows that offer products vital to your business.
Active Member: Active owner/owners in the nursery business/allied business in South Dakota. Must have a Nursery License from the Department of Agriculture. Members have voting privileges in the association and are eligible to serve on the SDNLA Board of Directors, be elected as officers and to serve on committees. Annual dues are based on Gross Sales of Plants and Landscaping Goods. If a person wishes to become a member of the association and currently does not own or work for a member business, they may join at the lowest dues level available.
Up to $100,000: $85.00/year
$100,000 to $350,000: $125.00/year
$350,000 and over: $150.00/year
Associate Member: Active in the nursery business or allied business outside South Dakota. Associate members may serve on committees, but are not eligible to hold office, serve on the Board of Directors or vote at the Annual Meeting.
Associate Dues Rate $50.00/year
*Affiliate Member: Employee of an active nursery business in South Dakota. Each employee that works for the business must have their own membership in the association. Affiliate members are eligible to serve on committees and to hold office in the SDNLA, but are not granted voting privileges at the Annual Meeting.
Affiliate Dues Rate: $25.00/year
*This category has been re-instated in our membership categories according to the SDNLA constitution and by-laws
Academic Member: Any person that is a teacher/instructor/administrator/researcher in the public/private school sector in South Dakota. Academic members are eligible to serve on committees, but are not eligible to hold office in the Association or serve on the Board of Directors, and do not have a vote at the Annual Meeting. Academic members may be asked to serve as educational advisors to the SDNLA Board of Directors.
Academic Dues Rate $45.00/year
Student Member: Students enrolled in green industry programs at South Dakota State University and Southeast Technical Institute are invited to become members in the SDNLA. Student who have paid their dues before the annual convention may attend our educational programs at no charge during the conference.
Student Dues Rate $10.00/year
Click below to download the membership application. You can print the membership application once its filled out and send it to:
SD Nursery & Landscape Association
5659 Dakota Ave. South
Huron, SD 57350